P90X Week 1 Day 6
Wokout: Kenpo X
Duration: 58 mins (warmup/cooldown incl)41 mins of high impact cardio kickboxing
Calories Burned: 600 (if you just count the acutal working part of the dvd)
Quote: "aging?...I don't believe in aging!...I got your aging right here!" Tony Horton
Well, I have to say I LOVE KENPO X, what an awesome sweat inducing workout! Last year from Sept-Dec I was using Turbo Jam and weightlifting to prepare for a fitness test and man did the TJ tapes ever pay off for Kenpo X. I remember 2 years ago when I first started P90X, I was so uncoordinated in Kenpo X, I couldn't put star blocks together if you paid me LOL!
Today though no problems, form was good, intensity was outstanding...Ok ok, when the star blocks got faster it basically looked like my arms were flailing about lol, but I still did them!
Ok last night I never did Ab Ripper X so I am going to do it today sometime, I can still feel my abs from the first two session of ARX.
Hey I just realized today is the end of Week 1...tomorrow is rest day...OUTSTANDING! I will definitely be doing X Stretch though as my whole body is sore and I think that will help me not feel so stiff....
Oh, by the way in comparison Kenpo X to Turbo Jam, I would say TJ's Punch, Kick, Jam and Cardio Party 3 are at about the same level as Kenpo X. I haven't done all the TJ workouts available but I have those along with everything in the basic set...In fact as far as getting your HR up I think TJ's Punch, Kich, Jam might acutally be a little harder than Kenpo X....AHHHHHHH blasphemy all you X disciples are saying, but seriously just try it and you'll see what I mean....
I may just supplemnet Kenpo once in a while with PKJ or CP3....just to keep things interesting and not to get bored.
Well todays workout really put me in a great mood, I have to work evenings tonight so got a get ready. Have a great day everyone.
Burn the fat, Feed the muscle!
P90X EXTREME HOME FITNESS!
This ain't your Grandma's Sit & Be Fit program people!
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I get that "high" from the punching and kicking, too!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, Rob- I responded to your comment in my comments as well. :-)
Keep up the great work!
~TuxBaby
Hey thanks for stopping by...youre the first...You seem like your crushing the X...week 7..WAY TO GO!...I don't even want to take a rest day tomorrow, so I think I'll do Cardio X or some Turbo dvd then X stretch...Cheers
Post a Comment