P90X EXTREME HOME FITNESS!

This ain't your Grandma's Sit & Be Fit program people!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Day 1 Chest & Back...Oh my I forgot how hard this was!

Well, today was Day 1 Chest and Back and man did I forget how hard this workout was! It took me almost 30 mins after the workout to stop feeling like I was gonna puke and I was still shaky and hour afterwards. I even told myself I was gonna take it easy this week as I knew from past experience how hard it is...AND IT WAS STILL HARD!As I mentioned above this is not your average workout program people, if you can't get in shape with this then I don't know what will get you in shape!

To give you all a little history I purchased P90X in March 2005 and was on it for 6 weeks, I lost 11lbs in that time but more importantly I could run, jump, doing everything easier and faster. Even in teamsports my teamates noticed that something was different about me. I was faster, (thanks Plyo!) stronger (thanks all you resistance workouts!) and I could maintain my fast pace longer (thanks Plyo again, Kenpo and Cardio X). Then I got satisfied where I was at and just QUIT! Yep you heard it right, I quit, by missing a few workouts, then doing some then slowly tapering off to doing nothing.


So today is Day 1 again and I thought I would keep a blog of my journey as I really do want to be in shape for the rest of my life, for my kids, for my wife and for me!

As you may have guessed (lol) this is a hard, intense program and I guarantee if you follow this program for the full 90 days you'll be in the best shape of your life! P90X consists of 12 workouts that vary from resistance training, cardio, stretching and yoga. These workouts are hard so I don't recommend it you are just starting out down the road to fitness. Some of the resistance workouts are Chest & Back, Shoulder & Arms, Legs & Back, Chest, Shoulder & Triceps, and Back & Biceps. The cardio workouts are Plyometrics (this one is the mother of all workouts!), Kenpo, Cardio X. The stretch workouts are X Stretch and Yoga X. Core workouts are Core Synergistics and Ab Ripper X.
There are a number of ways you can do the workouts. Follow the standard way, which emphasises resistance training. The Lean Version which emphasises Cardio or the Doubles version, which is like the standard but adds an extra cardio session. The beauty and effectiveness of this program is because you are always doing something different, everyday! One day resistance along with Ab Ripper, the next day Plyometrics, followed by Yoga. The choices are endless, well not endless but there is great variety. So follow along with this blog, I plan to post my workouts everyday, how I felt, the pain, the joy and the results! BRING IT!

For more info on Chest & Back routine click on post title.


"Most workouts would be done by now, not ours!" Tony Horton Chest & Back

No comments: